Friday, September 16, 2011
- Gone since Wednesday for at least a week, I think.
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
- He's home! (for now)
Thursday, September 8, 2011
- In Oklahoma again and headed to Midland.
Thursday, August 25, 2011
- Gone again to Oklahoma and going on from there to Carlsbad.
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
- Got home and will go again Friday, just in time to miss niece's wedding.
Thursday, August 11, 2011
- Got a call to go to Oklahoma on an oilfield assignment.
Saturday, August 6, 2o11
- He made it home last night! No word on future assignments.
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
- He should finish his work tonight and be on the road toward home by morning. He has 24 hrs. of driving ahead of him, so will hopefully be home Friday night.
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
- He finished the day's work at 1:30 a.m. and slept in his truck at a rest stop.
Monday, August 1, 2011
- He is working in North Dakota until at least Friday.
Friday, July 29, 2011
- He made it to North Dakota and to the office of the oilfield company.
- Driving through South Dakota this morning.
Thursday, July 28, 2011
- He made it through Nebraska. Hoping to get to ND tomorrow.
- He's headed to North Dakota today for more training in the oilfield.
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
- He made it home today.
Friday, July 22, 2011
- I just got a goodbye kiss on the lips from a hunky oilfield worker headed to Tulsa for training.
Thursday, July 21, 2011
- Got a call from a friend in ND about another job opportunity in the oilfield.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
- Got a gas gift card in the mail from an anonymous sender. THANK YOU!
- Off early this morning to pass out business cards.
Friday, July 15, 2011
- He sold a roooooooffffff!!! (Thank you, Amy!)
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
- Gone from home 15 hours. Still no sales. Back at it tomorrow.
- Left at 6:30 to try to close some sales.
Monday, July 11, 2011
- Still no sales.
Saturday, July 9, 2011
- Hubby passed out 50 fliers in a neighborhood recently hit by hail. No calls or emails yet.
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
- No sale.
- His first day to consult with a potential client.
Monday, July 4, 2011
- Were treated to a nice restaurant meal after church and saw several people who told hubby they missed him at his former place of employment.
Saturday, July 2, 2011
- Hubby and 2 of the kids prepped a fence for a paid painting job.
- Plans made to meet first potential roofing client Tuesday.
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
- Going with the owner today to be trained.
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
- He's IN! He's going to try working as a roofing contractor. It is TOTALLY commission based, so we still have no income unless he sells roofs.
- Meeting with the roofing contractor went well. Now touring a shingle factory.
- Excited to meet with a roofing contractor today.
Monday, June 27, 2011
- Went to see about a temporary job painting a fence.
Friday, June 24, 2011
- Local newspaper wants an interview for a story on being laid off.
- Very disappointed that having a CDL doesn't mean having a job.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
- Excited about meeting a roofing contractor next week to be trained in sales.
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
- He's headed to visit a trucking company that said they would contact him by today.
- Hubby has applied for several trucking jobs. Almost all require experience.
Saturday, June 17, 2011
- City pool passes came in the mail from an anonymous sender! Yay for keeping cool at the pool! Thank you, Anonymous!
Friday, June 16, 2011
- 2 possibilities: Water truck driver and freight broker/agent. No offers as of yet.
Thursday, June 15, 2011
- Google disabled my Adsense account because of increased traffic and revenue! BOO!
Wednesday, June 14, 2011
- Passed the hazmat portion of the test also. Now, waiting to be cleared by Homeland Security. Anyone need any corrosive chemicals shipped???
Monday, June 13, 2011
- He passed!!!
- Hubby is taking his driving test right now. Hopefully, he will get his commercial driver's license and that will lead to a job. Who knew I would one day be a trucker's wife???
Saturday, June 11, 2011
- Got a lead on a job close to home. Resume sent.
Friday, June 10, 2011
- Hubby took a 1 day truck driving course and has his driving test scheduled for Monday.
Thursday, June 9,2011
- I got to help a lady on crutches struggling with a heavy package in the parking lot at Walmart! It felt so good to be able to help someone!
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
- 2 different people approached us at Chili's to say everyone misses hubby at his former place of employment and are hoping the best for us.
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
- Using a Chili's gift card to go out for our 26th anniversary tonight. Thankful for gift cards and live-in babysitters!
Monday, June 6, 2011
- Hooray! Our electric bill was only $204 for May!
- A possible short term job opportunity fell through for today. Maybe tomorrow.
Sunday, June 5, 2011
- So thankful for our church family who continue to help us in so many ways.
Saturday, June 4, 2011
- Got free tickets to a pancake supper tonight.
- I haven't pushed a buggy through a grocery aisle in over 4 weeks. SO thankful for sweet friends who bless us with groceries!
Friday, June 3, 2011
- Hubby has passed all written tests necessary for a commercial driver's license. Next step: the driving portion.
Thursday, June 2, 2011
- Received a very encouraging note in the mail from someone who misses hubby at his former place of employment.
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
- Hubby drove a commercial vehicle with trailer in downtown Houston under the supervision of "Gramps".
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
- Hubby went on an out of town delivery with "Gramps" to learn the ropes.
Monday, May 30, 2011
- "Gramps" says hubby has a gift with the clutch!
Sunday, May 29, 2011
- Hubby arranged to practice driving a commercial vehicle tomorrow with the "Gramps" of a friend from church.
Saturday, May 28, 2011
- Thankful for friends, far and near, old and new.
Friday, May 27, 2011
- He passed the test to get the CDL permit!
Thursday, May 26, 2011
- Hubby missed passing his commercial driving test by 1 question. Will try again tomorrow.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
- Got an anonymous gift in the mail with a list of scriptures. THANK YOU, ANONYMOUS!
- Cooking dinner in the roaster on the porch again. I can't imagine how hot the kitchen would get with the oven on!
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
- Husband brought home some old canning jars from the property he was cleaning out for the realtor.
Monday, May 23, 2011
- Cooking dinner in the roaster on the porch so we won't heat up the kitchen.
- Possible commercial truck driving job available.
Sunday, May 22, 2011
- Hubby applied at Home Depot.
- Brought home extra food from a fun party after church. (THANKS, Ann!)
- WAH! I got rejected for a Demand Media paid writing position.
Saturday, May 21, 2011
- Went to a "health and safety fair" and got free lunch and face painting. Fun!
Friday, May 20, 2011
- Thanks to a tip from a commenter, I applied to be a paid contributing writer for another website. I hope I'm accepted!
Thursday, May 19, 2011
- Got some diapers in the mail (Thank you, Amy!) and a sweet card (Thank you... Julie???)
- Hubby and a couple of the kids cleaned out a rental property and came home with some wooden cubbies that make PERFECT nest boxes for our hens!
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
- Got all the kids in to the dentist before we lose our health insurance. No cavities!
- Got a forgotten insurance check in the mail. An unexpected blessing!
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
- Hubby crunched some numbers and figured, if we stick to bare bones spending, we can pay our mortgage for 6 months before money runs out. I'm relieved/terrified.
Monday, May 16, 2011
- Hubby met with an Aflac rep. and filled out an application elsewhere, then went to do a yard job.
- Got a lead on a job less than 10 minutes from home!
Sunday, May 15, 2011
- Chicken livers, poke salad, beans and cornbread for lunch thanks to some sweet neighbors.
- Told 11yo that a sweet family has generously provided the money for her to attend church camp. She replied, "How can I ever thank them?!" I know how she feels.
Saturday, May 14, 2011
- So thankful the owner of the gym is letting Madison work there in exchange for continuing her gymnastics!
Friday, May 13, 2011
- Church member offered a one day job doing yard work tomorrow.
Thursday, May 12, 2011
- Hubby got a call from the realtor about cleaning out another abandoned property.
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
- Struggling with a bad attitude. The gloomy weather isn't helping!
- Husband has an interview with Aflac on Monday.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
- Hubby and son are getting a jump start on cleaning out the property for the realtor.
- Sweet lady from church offered us farm fresh eggs and produce.
Monday, May 9, 2011
- Yay! The bid was accepted. He'll be doing the job next week.
- Hubby is giving a bid to clean out a house for a realtor today.
Sunday, May 8, 2011
- I got some sweet gifts in the mail yesterday. I love my friends! (You know who you are!)
Saturday, May 7, 2011
- Having company for dinner tonight AND taking dinner to a family with a new baby. God has blessed us with enough food to SHARE!
Friday, May 6, 2011
- New garden area has been composted and plowed. Ready for discing tomorrow.
- Still waiting to hear from newspaper delivery contact.
Thursday, May 5, 2011
- More boxes of groceries arrived today from ??? THANK YOU!!!
- Neighbor is plowing up 1/2 acre large area for us to garden!
- Just spent $100 for 25 gallons of gas in the van. OUCH! Let's see how long we can make that last.
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
- Got a lead on a job selling insurance. Looking into the costs involved in getting certified for that.
- No call back from the newspaper delivery job. Went to the office. No openings.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
- Hubby is filling out an application for "Administrative Coordinator" 40 min. from home. (crossing fingers)
- Just received 4 huge boxes of groceries from Amazon!!! A gift from AVW. Whoever you are THANK YOU!!!
- One question on the application, "Are you willing to move out of state?" Tough decisions ahead.
- Hubby got a lead on a job and is filling out an online application. Hoping for the best.
- Lots of waiting in this game. Waiting for a call back. Waiting for something to open up. Waiting, waiting, waiting.
Monday, May 2, 2011
- Ramen for lunch.
- 9yo: "My birthday is in 4 months. Do you think Daddy will have a job in 4 months?"
- Husband is going to try to get his commercial driver's license today. Maybe a temporary job will open up that requires it.
Sunday, May 1, 2011
- Just found hubby's passport so he can get his commercial driver's license tomorrow.
- Going over our menu plan for the week. Shopping from the pantry.
- Enjoyed fellowship at the church potluck. Came home with a big pan of baked ziti!
- Thanking God for unusually cool weather. Yay for not sweating to death!
- Potluck after church today. Pulling chicken spaghetti out of freezer to take. Hoping to bring home any excess food.
Saturday, April 30, 2011
- 16yo is researching how to make money selling books on Ebay. She bought several hardbacks with her own money at a garage sale today.
- Dinner is chicken salad sandwiches from a friend. Thanking God for good friends!
- Left the air off all day. With windows open and fans on the temp stayed under 80!