If there is ever a perfect time to learn how to make giant bubbles, spring time is it!
The weather is perfect, and everyone is ready to get outdoors after months of cold rain, ice, and snow. So all the Smockities have been on a quest to find the perfect recipe and the best method to make giant bubbles.
Here is the recipe that we found great success with.
Giant Bubbles Recipe
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups blue Dawn dish soap
1. Mix the water and corn syrup thoroughly.
2. Add dish soap slowly, and stir, trying not to make bubbles.
We experimented with the design of the bubble wand before we settled on our final model.
Here's how we did it.
- 2 dowels
- 2 pieces of string (one longer than the other)
- washer (for weighing the lower string down)
1. Tie the ends of the short string onto the ends of the 2 dowels.
2. Thread the washer onto the long string.
3. Tie the ends of the string onto the dowel near the first string.
4. Dip string into bubble solution.
In this photo, you can see the washer on the bottom string is weighing it down, so no one needs to hold it as in the above pictures.
We had so much fun with these easy to make giant bubbles!
Give them a try and check out the rest of these great outdoor activities in the Great Outdoor Play Challenge.