Did anyone else make up 5 pounds of mashed potatoes for Christmas dinner? If you did, then you may have had some leftover mashed potatoes, like we did.
Here's a simple recipe to use up leftover mashed potatoes and give your family some variety in a savory side dish.
Leftover Mashed Potato Pancake Recipe
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- butter for frying
1. Mix all ingredients. Batter should be consistency of pancake batter.
2. Heat griddle and place pats of butter where you will pour the batter.
3. Pour or spoon batter by 1/2 cupfuls.
4. Cook 6-7 minutes on each side. Flip when well browned.
5. Serve with ketchup, ranch dressing, sour cream, or your choice of dipping sauce.