We are fond of using this little phrase in our family to express mock outrage. If one of our family members lets out a burp, someone is sure to say, "WELL! I NEVER!" To which the burper will respond flatly, "Maybe you should sometime."
Then we all crack up because we are easily amused.
So, this got me to thinking of a few of the things I said I would NEVER (!) do when I was a young mother, all of which I do at least twice a week now. Here they are in no particular order.
- Allow my baby to wear nothing but a diaper.
- Take my baby in public barefooted. (Not me, silly! The baby. I do have some small measure of self respect left.)
- Take my baby girl to church with no hair bow. (Horrors!)
- Take my baby in public in pajama type footy outfits.
- Wipe my baby's nose on an article of clothing.
Obviously, I was very mature and spent my time setting high standards for moral excellence.
So, what did you say you would NEVER (!) do that is a regular occurrence now?