Well, we made it halfway to our destination.
We thought it best that I take the children to the grandparents while my husband stayed to supervise the movers. We will all meet up tomorrow at the new house after the movers have unloaded everything.
There is no telling when we will get our internet service up and running, so I thought I'd pop in and fill y'all in on a few of the lessons I have learned in the past two weeks.
- Letting the kids watch Toy Story 2 while trying to toss toys in a box to give away is not the brightest idea. That whole scene where Jessie remembers her girl giving her away? Haunting.
- Packing all the toys three days before the move and counting on the kids playing outside will guarantee a 48 hour period of non stop rain.
- The clinginess of the baby and toddler will increase in direct proportion to the number of boxes stacked in the living room.
- I should clean out my refrigerator waaaaay more often.
- Moving a family of 9 across the state equals the opposite of fun.
Before leaving our old town and my husband behind this morning, I told him that I was going to the Post Office, going to the bank, going to the pharmacy, and then I was going crazy. He told me that I had already gone crazy last week, so I didn't need to go there today.
What a relief! One less thing to do.