These are the order of events so far today:
1. Husband took the 3 oldest fishing just before dawn.
2. Husband calls when they are tired, hot, and sunburned (right before nap time). "Bring the jumper cables. I must have left the headlights on."
3. Mom gets everyone's shoes on after a thorough search, and loads the littles in the car for the 40 minute drive to find the others.
4. Husband gets the truck started while some of the kids decide to strip down to underwear to take a swim in the spring fed pond.
5. On the car ride back home, the 3 yr. old complains of a stomach ache. (This right here, friends, is known as foreshadowing.)
6. Everyone goes to their rooms for a rest while Husband cleans the fish.
7. When the fish are ready, Mom begins to prepare dinner.
8. 3 yr. old wakes up and begins what is to be a very long night of vomiting.
9. Husband finishes the dinner preparation while Mom takes care of 3 yr. old.
10. During this time, MaddieLynn's precious poodle, Molly, begins having the first doggie seizure ever witnessed by our family.
11. Lots of wailing and crying ensues.
12. Husband rushes to call the vet while Mom holds a bowl in front of 3 yr. old.
13. Husband stubs toe on a baby doll stroller and rips off toenail.
14. More wailing and crying.
15. Molly is now rigid and drooling.
16. The wailing, crying, vomiting, bleeding, and seizing reach a fever pitch.
(*I'm NOT making this up, I just cleaned up some more up-chuck after typing that last period.)
17. The vet answers the phone during the above scene and says to bring the dog in, but it's gonna cost ya because it's after hours.
18. Okay, he didn't really say that last part, but Mom and Dad were thinking it.
19. Molly begins to look normal again.
20. Crying dies down, but vomiting continues.
21. Mom and Dad decide to wait until morning to visit the vet, as Molly seems alright at the moment.
22. Everyone goes to bed.
23. Mom begins to feel sick.
24. Mom fears tomorrow will be a very long day.